The stakeholders network
cultural content aggregator is supported by and supports a strong
network of stakeholders. Museums, archives, galleries, libraries and
other cultural institutions, both public and private, are involved
by providing documented digitized cultural content. This way they
increase the findability and reach of their collections while
helping showcase the dynamic of Greek cultural heritage.
Collection resources can be in the form of text, audio, image,
video, cartographic material or material created in digital form and
chronologically cover all periods of Greek history, architecture and
- SearchCulture.gr, as a central portal hosting authoritative
Greek cultural content and having already high volumes of
visitation traffic, supports the discovery of individual
collections. In addition, your collection is placed in a wider
context of prestigious cultural content, and so its value is
- The organization and its collection have a very visible
presence in the Portal, both on each record page and in the network
- There are redirection links on each Record to the
originating site or repository, the originating organization's site
and the record’s original view page, increasing the traffic to both
- We enrich the content available from SearchCulture.gr
in terms of authoritative bilingual vocabularies, increasing its
usability. Moreover, even if your documentation has only been done
in Greek thanks to the semantic enrichment of EKT, it is also
discoverable and usable by an English-speaking audience.
- SearchCulture.gr provides advanced navigation and content
search features (advanced search, chronology, hierarchical
navigation in types and historical periods, result filters, etc.)
- Should you wish, your content can be sent to Europeana,
increasing even more its reach and international visibility.
How can I join?
If you have documented cultural content and implement the OAI-PMH
metadata protocol, you can easily have your content aggregated by SearchCulture.gr.
Your data should be made available to EKT through OAI-PMH and in
particular by following one of the ESE, EDM or, under conditions,
one of the following standards: OAI-DC, Qualified DC (QDC), HEAL,
MODS and DC- DS-XML.
Detailed technical specifications are available here.
The process in seven steps
- Express your interest by completing the relevant form:
of Interest Form
- We assess your content and its interoperability
- We sign a Memorandum of Data Provider for SearchCulture.gr
- We aggregate your metadata and thumbnails
- We check and enrich your metadata
- Your collection is available through the portal
- Your collection is sent to Europeana, should you so wish
Any comments or questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have unpublished digitized and documented cultural material,
you could benefit from our Repository Service which enables you to
document, manage and share your digital content with your audience
through an easy-to-use SaaS application.