Church of All Saints and Panagia Vlacherna

Church of All Saints and Panagia Vlacherna

This item is provided by the institution :
Special Account for Research Funding (E.L.K.E.) of Ionian University   

Repository :
Historic City of Corfu   

see the original item page
in the repository's web site and access all digital files of the item*
use
the file or the thumbnail according to the license:
CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 GR

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives
CC_BY_NC_ND



Ι. Ν. Αγίων Πάντων και Παναγία των Βλαχερνών (EL)
Church of All Saints and Panagia Vlacherna (EN)

Nikolaos Mamalos (EN)

Ο Ι.Ν. των Αγίων Πάντων και της Παναγίας των Βλαχερνών βρίσκεται στο «καντούνι» των Λαζανιέρων (σημερινή οδός Αγίων Πάντων). Σύμφωνα με τις πηγές, ο ναός κτίστηκε το 1682-1684 από τον κρητικό ιερομόναχο Ιερεμία Σπόρο. Αρχικά ο ναός ήταν συναδελφικός. Ο ναός έλαβε τη σημερινή του μορφή το 1851 και έγινε συναδελφικός των κρεοπωλών και εκδορέων. Παράλληλα, ο ναός αφιερώθηκε και στην Παναγία των Βλαχερνών μετά την κατεδάφιση το 1826 του ομώνυμου ναού που βρισκόταν στην είσοδο του Νέου Φρουρίου. Πρόκειται για έναν κλασικιστικού ύφους ναό, η κύρια είσοδος του οποίου τοποθετείται στη νότια πλευρά. Στην ίδια όψη βρίσκεται το κωδωνοστάσιο. Το ξυλόγλυπτο τέμπλο που κοσμεί τον ναό μεταφέρθηκε από τον ναό της Βλαχέρνας. Η πλειονότητα των εικόνων φιλοτεχνήθηκε από τον Γεώργιο Χρυσολωρά, κερκυραίο ζωγράφο της λεγόμενης Επτανησιακής Σχολής, ο οποίος συνδύαζε τη βυζαντινή παράδοση με την ιταλική τεχνοτροπία. Στο τέμπλο σώζονται εικόνες του ιερομόναχου Δανιήλ Κόκλα, του Γεώργιου Σαμαρτζή καθώς και του ιερέα Θεόδωρου Αγγελάτου. (EL)
The church of All Saints and Panagia Vlacherna is located in the Lazanieri canton (today\'s Agion Panton Street). According to sources, the church was built in 1682-1684 by the Cretan hieromonk Jeremiah Sporos. Originally, the church was managed by noble families. The church took its present form in 1851 and became a church managed by butchers and breeders. At the same time, the church was dedicated to Panagia Vlacherna after the church of the same name located in the entrance of the New Fortress was demolished in 1826. It is a classicist style church, the main entrance of which is placed on the south side where there is also the bell tower. The wooden iconostasis that adorns the church was transferred from the church of Vlacherna. The majority of the icons were painted by Georgios Chrysoloras, a Corfiot painter of the so-called Heptanese School, who combined Byzantine tradition with the Italian style. The church’s iconostasis includes icons of the hieromonk Daniel Koklas, George Samartzis and the priest Theodoros Angelatos. (EN)

Tempel (Gebäude)

Κέρκυρα





Image

11
https://corfu.holograms.gr/gr/poi/11/



*Institutions are responsible for keeping their URLs functional (digital file, item page in repository site)